How to Access Improved Hearing in Large Venues with a Hearing Loop:
- If you have hearing aids or a cochlear implant and you are not sure if the device has a telecoil, ask your hearing healthcare provider. If the telecoil is inside, request that you learn how to activate it.
- For attendees who do not have telecoils inside their devices or who do not have hearing aids at all, a number of personal assistive listeners/headsets are available for loan. Please ask to borrow one from a volunteer or AV expert. Please see below for a picture of a personal assistive listener and a user guide.
- Make sure to put personal assistive listener around your neck and keep in a vertical position. The listener will not pick up the signal when it is held horizontally.
- The personal assistive listeners/headsets can be used with your own headphones as long as long as it has a 3.5mm jack.
- Another option to accessing the hearing loop system with your own system is to use your smart phone with the free 'otojoy' app downloaded. Special 'otojoy' t-coil headphones are required.
- For more information please contact us at email@example.com.